Keep reading/scrolling for some great Ice Cream Party activities…
Photography by Lyndsey Fagerlund
Over the next two weeks I will be showcasing the latest party I planned….An ICE CREAM SOCIAL! This party was so much fun to style and put together. I am dreaming about ice cream all night long now! I’m starting off with the party activities…
The first activity- ZIPLOCK BAG ICE CREAM
Have the kids make their own ice cream in about 5 minutes with ziplock bags and simple ingredients.
What you will need:
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1 cup half & half
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– 6 tablespoons rock salt
– 1 quart-size ziplock bag
– 1 gallon-size ziplock bag
– Ice cubes
How to make it:
1. Fill the large bag half full of ice and add the rock salt. Set aside.
2. Put half & half, vanilla and sugar into the small bag and seal it.
3. Place the small bag inside the large one and seal it again carefully.
4. Shake the bag until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
5. Wipe off the top of the small bag and open it carefully. Eat it!
*Makes about 2 scoops of ice cream, so double the recipe if you want more. Don’t increase the proportions too much though– a large amount could be too heavy for kids to pick up.*
How to make:
1. In a medium bowl, combine half and half, sugar and pudding mix with a whisk until mixed.
2. Place the 1-pound can inside the 3 pound can and pour ice cream mixture into the smaller can.
3. Cover the smaller can with it’s lid and seal with duct tape.
4. Surround the smaller can with ice and salt by layering 5 cups of ice with 3/4 cup of salt, etc.
5. Cover the 3-pound can with it’s lid and seal with duct tape.
6. Have the kids kick the can around! They can also roll the can back and forth on its side. Do this for 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, open up the cans and check the ice cream.The mixture on the sides of the smaller can will set up faster than the center so use a rubber spatula to quickly scrape down the sides and give the ice cream one big stir. Replace the lid on the smaller can and reseal with duct tape.
*Use your favorite flavor of pudding to change the ice cream flavor.
*After the first 10 minutes of kicking the can, mix in some nuts, chocolate chips, or cookie crumbles to enhance the flavor of your ice cream.