Kara's Party Ideas Final Reveal- Michaels Holiday Dream Christmas Tree Challenge- My Tree! | Kara's Party Ideas

Kara Allen | Kara's Party Ideas Christmas Tree- Michaels Holiday Dream Tree Challenge | Shabby Chic Vintage

Here it is! The tree I created for Michaels Arts & Crafts!

I was so excited when a special someone from Michaels corporate offices contacted little old me asking if I would create a tree for their Holiday Dream Tree Challenge! Um, yes please! What a dream!

Everything on the tree is from Michaels. We made a lot of the ornaments & decor from craft supplies purchased there, but also added beautiful ornaments from Michaels’ amazing collection! They have so many beautiful crafts and holiday ornaments…it was so hard to chose what theme I wanted! If you can’t tell, I went with a Vintage Shabby Chic tree. I just love how it turned out.

And can I just say that I have the greatest assistants– A huge thanks to Kelli, Amber & Jamie for all your help!! Hope you were able to get all the mod podge & glitter off your hands!

1. melissa newell says:

Looks FAB!

2. K. Cleveland says:

Absolutely gorgeous…I truly believe that it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

3. Kim - The TomKat Studio says:

Absolutely gorgeous, Kara!

4. Completely stunning; (As usual)!

5. Lia says:

That tree is amazing. I know you received a tree and gift card for this but approx what do you think the decor would cost us to replicate? Its stunning!

6. [email protected] says:

Simply gorgeous!

7. TaraO says:

What a spectacular tree! Just beautiful.

8. Cap Creations says:

It is absolutely beautiful! I love every bit of it! Can we now get some tutorials on how you made some of the ornaments?

9. Selena (GarnishFood Blog) says:

There are so many cute decorations on the Christams tree. Beautiful!

10. Lynn J says:

So stunning! I would LOVE to have this tree in my home. Your creativity amazes me!

11. jenni says:

oh, man….i pick you as THEE winner! honestly. i’ve seen a lot of the other michael’s challenge trees, which are nice, kara, but yours is fabulous! it makes the michael’s tree look amazing. really. your creation is absolutely astounding. i so hope you win this. what did you make your garland out of on the tree base? the addition of that to complete the shabby chic feel on the base was a stroke of genius. the finishing touch. the piece de la resistance. perfect. the entire thing. i want it. love it. amazing.

12. Anonymous says:

I really your beautiful tree–it has all of the things that I LOVE. Each photo just got better and better! One just can’t beat an all white Christmas tree as it just looks so beautifully “wintery”!

13. Ashley says:

I am in love with this tree! I’m redoing my tree this year and your shabby chic tree is the inspiration! I shop a lot at Michaels- I wish you’d do some tutorials and show what you made and what you bought as is.

14. Kandi Lauzara says:

Kara,
    Kudos, beautiful job and what a wonderful imagination.
    All of your ornaments are simple yet elegant. Being a crafter / artist
    my self I look at each ornament and see that they would be easy
    enough for a beginner but together they look like a designer tree.
    I’ve looked at all of the trees so far and yours is hands down the most beautiful.
    All most all of your ornaments could be incorporated into any other STYLE of tree
    just by changing colors and papers.
    I truly hope this conveys to you just how AMAZING I think your tree is. I will definately be keeping an eye on your blog. True inspiration!!!! :)
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

15. The Tree Topper says:

That is one fully decorated tree. Thank you for including all of the detailed photos.

16. Chris says:

Do you have the serial number or name of the tree you used?

17. Virginia says:

Your tree is drop-dead georgeous! I do not know who won but you did in my book. Found you on Pinterest…so glad I did. You are really talented.

18. Faith says:

Hi there! I simply would like to offer you a huge thumbs up
    for the excellent information you have got here on this post.
    I’ll be returning to your blog for more soon.

19. annheidel says:

Oh wow, this is gorgeous!

20. Julie says:

What kind and color is the Blue on the walls????

21. Olivia says:

Kara your tree is beautiful! I really mean that, too! Each of your ornaments are darling while retaining an elegance in each one without looking overly crafty. Your style has a folk-art quality which I do love. It reminds me of Bethany Lowe or Nicole Sayre, both infamous folk-artists. If you happened to have any extra ornaments I might be interested in buying a few of them. I have a few pieces of Bethany Lowes creations.

I just love this tree. It also has a little of My Shabby Streamside Studios feel to it to…. yet it is so uniquely your own design and just beautiful!

I’m so not good at paper crafts. It’s a might expensive hobby to have. I found that out the hard way when I tried to be a paper crafter. LOL. I really do love this style of paper crafting. If you have any extras for sale, I really am interested.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful masterpiece!

Olivia