Kara's Party Ideas FREE Download! Party Planning Timeline + Mini Cake Pennant Flags! | Kara's Party Ideas

You want to plan the perfect party with as little stress as possible, right? In my segment on Studio 5 today I took viewers behind the scenes and shared my party planning timeline! And now, I’m sharing it with you! These key tips can be used for prepping any party!

Download the above party planning timeline pdf HERE.

One to two months before

• Set the date, time and place of the party
  • Decide on a party theme or color scheme
  • Determine your budget and estimate the cost of your party
  • Start to brainstorm ideas
  • Start to purchase non-perishable supplies
  • Contact and hire outside party vendors if applicable (face painter, bounce house rental, princess, etc.)

One month before

• Chose an invitation
  • Start on party decor (things that require assembly before hand, etc.)
  • Continue to purchase non-perishable party supplies needed
  • Order cake/desserts if applicable

Three weeks before

• Mail or deliver invitations
  • Make sure you have all non-perishable items that you need for the party
  • Start on party favors
  • Continue to work on party decor, etc.

Two weeks before

• Create a master grocery shopping list for all tangible items needed for the party
  • Prepare any food items/treats that can be frozen
  • Make sure you have enough seating/tables, etc.

One week before

• Set up a“mock party”or sketch out your party set up so you can get a visual
  • Follow up with guests who have not sent an RSVP
  • Create a music playlist on iPod, etc.
  • Write names of guest on party favors

Two days before

• Purchase groceries and perishable items on your list
  • Wash cake stands, glassware & serving pieces, etc.
  • Start putting up party decor

Day before

• Iron table cloths or linens needed
  • Start setting up actual party
  • Set out cake stands, food trays, etc. in proper places

Morning of

• Chill drinks
  • Finish setting everything up
  • Prepare your guest bathroom
  • Set out garbages, etc.

Two hours before

• Finish all food preparation

One hour before

• Put out all food/dessert
  • Turn on iPod playlist
  • Sit down and relax/rejuvenate before guests arrive!

And, as promised, download the free HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINI ALPHABET PENNANT BANNER HERE!

AND, download this MASTER PARTY TEMPLATE via Studio 5 HERE!

1. Kp says:

that mini banner is more than adorable! thank you!

2. Lisa Nielson says:

The banner is so cute. Thanks for the download. When I tried to download the happy birthday one it just showed the abc one.

3. […] FREE Download! Party Planning Timeline + Mini Cake Pennant Flags! – 2 freebie(s) […]

4. Jan says:

I love love love your page site and shop! Thanks for the free pennant download..but am I doing something wrong when I attempt to save it..it just saves a blank document?
    Any help is great.

5. Wendy says:

Thanks so much Kara! The mini flags are adorable and the checklist is so useful!

6. Larissa Jaekel says:

The party planning timeline is really helpful

7. Kara H says:

Do you mean “non-perishable” instead of “non-tangible”?

8. […] helpful party planning tip! Check-lists. I live my everyday life by check-lists, so when I found this post that had a timeline/check-list I jumped all over that one. It really helped me put into […]

9. ddos vps says:

I think the admin of this web page is really working hard in favor of his site, because here every data is quality based stuff.|

10. […] any larger event. It takes practice to get the timing down right, but starting early is important. HERE is a great party planning download to ease some of that […]

11. all4webs.com says:

(894k subscribers); Jenni Powell, Producer – The Lizzie Bennet Diaries (Emmy Award Winner), Welcome to
    Sanditon, Emma Approved, Geek & Sundry Vlogs; Shira Lazar, Co-Founder and Host,
    What’s Trending on You – Tube; Shanna Malcolm, You – Tuber,
    Film and TV actress and comedian Hey Yo Shanna. Not
    only does this let your potential customers comment and rate your product, but it can also create a closer
    bond between you and your customers. —Want to share
    his knowledge and experiences, in hope that I reach a high level
    of achievement.

12. What’s up mates, its impressive article concerning tutoringand
    entirely explained, keep it up all the time.

13. Margaret says:

The mini cake banner flag link only goes to the alphabet flags. I’d like the “Happy Birthday” banner link… please advise!

14. Kathy T. says:

I would love to use the Happy Birthday Mini Pennant Banner but the link only leads to the mini alphabet pennant. It is possible to get the Happy Birthday one? Thank you!