Are you looking for a fun and different theme for this years New Year’s Eve Party?! This party submitted by Natalie Mayhew of Fern & Maple Events out of San Francisco, California might be just what you are looking for!
Punk Glam New Year’s Eve Party
The London underground punk scene is wicked cool and you can replicate it with ideas and inspiration from this New Year’s Eve bash!
Don’t miss these fab party ideas included in this party:
- Punk-inspired stationery and graphics
- Sequin table covers and plaid table runners and curtains
- Punk cake dressed in plaid and safety pins, topped with studs
- Punk cake pops
- Hand crafted dining centerpiece made from a newspaper Mohawk on a black glitter skull, accented with vintage pocket watch & zips
- Disco ball drink stirrers
- Punk badges
- Metallic gold and silver tassel garlands & diamond pinata
- Hand spray painted graffiti dessert table backdrop
- Studded collar drink bowl
- Plaid & safety pin -dressed drink bottles
- Fabulous punk glam place settings
- and MORE!
Party Styling & Decor: Fern & Maple Events
Cake: Fern & Maple Events
Centerpiece & Backdrop Artworks: Fern & Maple Events
Graphics & Printables (including hats & party horns): World Wide Party by Elena
Photos: Ike Shin
Meringue’s: Il Tocco Kitchen
Cakpops: Let them eat pops on Easy
Pinata & Tassel Garlands: Prospect Goods
Marquee Lights: Rustaligic
Drink Stirrers: Chasing Bliss Design
Photobooth Props: The Quirky Quail
Punk Badges: EclecticAims
Cake topper image inspired by: EJP Creations
Punk Glam New Year’s Eve Party Details:
This is what Natalie shared about planning/styling the party- “Looking for a glam New Year celebration with edge? Rocking the New Year with party attitude? I am thrilled to share my styled shoot done in close collaboration with World Wide Party by Elena. We worked together to create a cohesive look that embraces all things punk and showcases a glam gold & plaid color combination. Our design is 80’s wild child mixed with a huge dose of FUN.
Gold & black sequin table covers, black chargers, plaid runners and gold utensils set the tone for a unique tablescape! To add the punk & NYE touch to each setting I used party horn place cards with gold spike studs to hold things together. Heavy cut crystal glassware compliments the whiskey & plaid plate décor, embellished with disco balls, retro punk badges & safety pins. A pack of confetti also sealed with spikes just screamed!! New Years. For the centerpiece, I handcrafted a punk Mohawk on a glitter black skull, complete with chains and safety pins. This is offset with heavy black candelabra, black candles and a glam gold piñata overhead. Don’t forget the countdown, clocks set the pace for the NYE countdown. Gorgeous lush black furs were thrown over guest chairs for the ultimate punk glam experience.
A fun photo booth is a must for all New Year’s celebrations. This one is no exception. A plaid background contrasted with glam tassels and a very punk banner held up with safety pins. A fun “posing” chair with a plush union jack flag throw and punk themed props were perfect for this theme. The booth was finished off with disco balls and gold confetti, it is NYE after all.
For our BAR, I set up a fun selection of “misfits & rebels”…alcohol selections for the not so closet punk! Gorgeous punk printables, plaid, safety pins, confetti, chains and a mini disco ball add the glitz and glam.
Finally our desert bar, featuring “God save the Cake”! was styled with a hand spray painted punk graffiti backdrop, the union jack and a big dose of plaid and gold sequins. This set off perfectly fab punk cake pops and other dessert treats. Timepieces keep our eye on the clock!
Thank you for checking out our party and we hope that you are feeling inspired to rock out this New Year….”party or die misfits”! This theme can be easily used for any other celebration…from a milestone birthday, girls night or “just because”. Don’t stop punk rocking!
• Sequin table covers and plaid table runners
• Luxurious furs as throws over the seating
• Punk theme graphics to create name cards out of party horns
• Paper studded party hats
• Studded bags of confetti to see in the new year
• NYE timepiece accents – blue sand hourglasses & alarm clocks
• Spikes, studs & safety pins used to close or hang items, from confetti bags, party horns, hats to banners
• Plaid & whiskey place settings accented with vintage punk badges, mini disco balls & safety pins
• A glam gold piñata hanging over the dining table
• Thick cut crystal glassware
• Hand crafted centerpiece, a newspaper Mohawk on a black glitter skull, accented with vintage pocketwatch & zips
• Dark gold cutlery offset by the gold sequin table covers
• Punk cakepops & color coordinated desserts
• Hand spray painted custom dessert backdrop
• Studded collar punch bowl
• Plaid & safety pin dressed bar bottles
• Disco ball drink stirrers
• Glam gold marquee lights against a plaid backdrop
• Plaid and glam tassel photobooth with union jack throw, disco balls, studded & zipped piñata accents”
Want even more New Year’s Eve inspiration? Don’t miss this Black & White New Year’s Eve Party and this Vintage Countdown “Time to Party” New Year’s Party.
Party Supplies Available from this Party:
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!