Healthy Holiday Recipe Series
I decided to share with you some of the healthy recipes that are a perfect, and perfectly delicious, addition to your traditional fall recipe stash. I’m sharing them with you in my Healthy Holiday Recipe Series. Today’s recipe is drizzed with coconut butter glaze…say no more!
One of the things on my to-do list is neighbor gifts. I have a wonderful family in my neighborhood who is entirely gluten-free. I always feel like I am neglecting them when I prepare loaves of bread for the holidays. Finally, with this recipe, I can include them! The bonus to this recipe is that I don’t have to make two different kinds of bread–this one is so good, my GF neighbors and non-GF neighbors will both enjoy it!
Lemon Pound Cake with Coconut Butter Glaze
Cast of characters:
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup Carrington Farms coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T Carrington Farms coconut flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, for glaze
- 2 T maple syrup, for glaze
- 2 T lemon juice, for glaze
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ and generously grease a 7.5” by 3.5” loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the maple syrup, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Add the tapioca starch, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix well.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice for the glaze. Spread on cake.
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!