Kara's Party Ideas Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party

Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (5)

Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (8)

Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (7)

Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (6)

Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (9)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (10)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (11)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (12)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (13)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (14)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (15)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (16)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (17)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (18)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (19)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (20)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (21)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (22)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (23)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (24)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (25)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (26)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (27)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (28)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (30)

Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (29)

Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (31)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (32)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (33)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (34)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (35)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (36)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (37)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (38)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (39)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (40)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas KarasPartyIdeas.com #hotairballoonparty (41)Carried Away Hot Air Balloon Party Details:This is what Alefiya said about planning the party-

“I wanted to create a childlike, yet elegant and beautiful party for my daughter’s first birthday. I was already familiar with stringing and making Hot Air Balloons from paper lanterns from her Retro – Sesame Street themed nursery. So a friend suggested, “why don’t you do that as the theme and make several”? Of course I got a little Carried Away with the theme. I first chose a palette with pastel shades of Pink, Mint, Orange, Yellow and a darker coral, with the main color of course being the pastel pink.
Making the Hot Air Balloons was a labor of love. It took a lot of planning and hot gluing. My sister-in-law Shari, nanny Gabby and I would sit at night when my daughter Iman was a sleep, and piece them together. There were 32 altogether, each with custom handmade cane baskets (all the way from Sri Lanka), ribbon, diamanté and pearl trim. They were hung over 2 weekends using fishing line.
The Hot Air Balloon artwork for the birthday outfit, backdrop, invitations, cookies and pintables was inspired from a sheet set by designer Charles Street for kids. I had found the set at Marshalls, loved the print and decided to use the fabric to make the giveaway notebooks, and the flat sheet as table linen!
Each child left with a Hot Air Balloon Cookie, their crafts and a polaroid-mini photo of them inside the Hot Air Balloon Photo booth”.

Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!

Follow Kara's Party Ideas on Pinterest! Tutorials, recipes, tips, ideas and more!

See more of this party

1. Fernanda says:

Kara’s I love your partys, when you turn to a course here in Brazil ??

2. Anonymous says:

Where can I buy those balloon centerpiece nets?

3. Karina says:

Where did you find the pastel pink vases used for the balloon pops.

• Sarah Singalla says:

This is such a beautifully themed birthday party. I was just wondering where you found those pastel pink and mint vases? Also I was wondering if there was a website you had ordered those baskets from Sri Lanka. Thank you for your time.

• Alefiya says:

Karina and Sarah – Pink Vases are from Ikea :) No site for ordering the baskets. I have family there so that’s how I got that done.

4. Abby says:

So pretty. Where did you order your cloud backdrop?

5. Priyanka says:

Hi, I am trying to figure out where to get the cloud backdrop used in the pictures above. The backdrop behind the dessert table would work very nicely for the party I am about to plan. I noticed someone asked same question couple weeks ago, but the response states Glenwood weber Design. However when I go to the link referenced in the response, it focuses more on the floral decor along with the hot air balloons, versus the backdrop. Any more information would be quite useful.

Priyanka

6. Jazmina says:

Hi,

Would like to know where did you get the hanging paper lanterns hot air balloons. Are they sold all done or did you have to assemble them. If so, where can I find the baskets, ribbons, etc. and all the material needed.

Thanks Jazmina

• Alefiya says:

Hi Jazmina,
      The Hot air balloons were all assembled by hand. Each took be about 2 hrs in total. The pastel colored lanterns were bought from the paper lantern store, and the ribbons, trim and baskets were sourced in Sri Lanka. My parents live there so they helped me. I did have them for sale, but they sold quite sometime back.

7. Maria pia says:

Hello there love love this idea and I’m going to try for my little one :) I’m going crazy trying to find the backdrops ,if you please can let me know where I can find something like yours
    Please and thank you
    Maria

• Alefiya says:

Hi Maria & Abby,
      Backdrop was designed in photoshop, that’s probably why you cant find it. It took be forever, with the help of a friend to get it perfect.

8. Radwa says:

I love how you decorated everything! Where can I find those lace cut cups and bowls?

9. Eliza says:

Hi! Love the backdrop. May I ask what size is it? I know you customized it in photoshop but where’d you have it ordered?

10. Brenda says:

Hi! I love everything about this! I’m trying to make the center pieces but can’t seem to find the netting for the balloons or the little base. Is there a place I can order them or find them. Thank you!

11. Lucy says:

I love everything about your daughters party! Im trying to purchase the nets but I can’t seem to order, the website states it sells to balloon industry only. How did you order?

12. Sarah says:

Hi, What size/diameter are the large lanterns hanging in the main party room?

13. Charlene says:

Where did you get the photo booth back drop & the dessert back drop? Where did you get the card stock that goes with the balloon invitation? I love it all and recreating as much as I can for my daughters birthday this coming April 30

• Alefiya Akbarally says:

Photo Booth is just paper from Joanns. I think its used on schools. Invite was custom made in Sri Lanka. Please dont recreate the entire party, I spent many hours thinking and working on this. Do get inspiration and made it your own!

14. Delisa says:

What size And type paper lanterns are hanging out in the main party room

15. Anonymous says:

Hi, what lovely party décor! I wanted to know where you were able to find the little baskets you used to tie the lanterns too? Thank you so much!

16. Anonymous says:

How did you fasten the balloons to the ceiling?

17. Amber says:

Hi, where did you get all the pink suitcases? Super cute!

18. Amber says:

Hello, where did you get all the pink suitcases? Super cute!

19. Shaber says:

Where did you get those tiny baskets for the hot air balloons?

20. Aileen Dacanay says:

Where did you get the containers for the cookies and the cale pops? Thanks!

21. Tracy says:

Can you please tell me where I can buy the plastic balloon cups that hold the balloons up straight??
    Thank you very much!

• Mandy Bradshaw says:

It is all about the details, isn’t it! This party had great details! All of the vendor info is in the post. XOXO!!

22. cristina says:

hello! where is the backdrop with the clouds and hot air balloons from? didn’t see it kn vendor list :(

• Mandy Bradshaw says:

Oh shoot! Maybe try to contact the stylist to see if she can give you any details. It looks as though she is a champ in responding to comments here. XOXO!!

23. Jennie says:

Where did you get the hot air balloon backdrop?

• Mandy Bradshaw says:

Hi Jennie! Many people are looking for this backdrop. Unfortunately, we didn’t style this party. You could try going to the original party post and clicking on the link to the party stylist and contacting her directly! XOXO!

24. Lani says:

Hi! Where can I find those mini baskets on the floating hot air balloons?

• Mandy Bradshaw says:

This isn’t a Kara’s Party Ideas party, so your best bet is to reach out directly to the party stylist. Her name and link is in the first paragraph of the party post. XOXO!

25. Harshada says:

I loved this party theme. The details are awesome. Beautifully and painstakingly done For Iman by mum. I keep coming back to this page to plan my son’s first bday party

26. Harshada says:

Where you get the table cloth from? It’s so beautiful

• Mandy Bradshaw says:

I’m not sure! This isn’t a Kara’s Party Ideas styled party. You can reach out to the party stylist directly, the link to her info is in the first paragraph of the party post. XOXO!

27. Chloe says:

Hello! It all looks beautiful! I followed the link that is listed for the hot air balloon centerpiece kits and it looks like they only sell to companies with a license. Do you know where an individual could buy the kits? I’m interested for my wedding. Thank you!

28. Jennifer says:

Where did you get the baskets for the centerpieces?

• Mandy Bradshaw says:

Thanks for reaching out!! This isn’t a Kara’s Party Ideas party, so your best bet is to reach out directly to the party stylist. Her name and link are in the first paragraph of the party post. You can also check the vendor list in the post. XOXO!

29. Kiley says:

How did you hang your hot air balloons from the ceiling?

• Mandy Bradshaw says: