If you are trying to cut down on the copious amounts of sugar that is usually consumed during the holidays, we have the most creative and delicious recipes will a little less refined sugar. You’ll feel better about your second helping, and your guests won’t even suspect that you are doing them a favor–because it tastes SO good!!
As a little side note, in case you are like me, and you don’t know what “2 tablespoons Stevia In The Raw® Baker’s Bag” means; it is just the big bag of Stevia In The Raw® that I have (and you can too) in my pantry!! Here is the picture of it:
Creative Thanksgiving Recipes : Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 pounds orange-fleshed sweet potatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Marshmallows (can be kosher)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Bake potatoes until they are soft–about 45 to 60 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes and place the potato flesh in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the potatoes, using a fork. If the potatoes are fibrous, you can whirl them in a food processor. Add the butter; mix until blended. Mix the pineapple, stevia, salt and pepper into the potatoes. Spread the potato mixture into the prepared baking dish, smoothing the top. Cover with marshmallows, arranging them ½-inch apart in one layer. (If desired, the dish can be covered, and refrigerated overnight; bring to room temperature before baking.)
- Bake the casserole for 20-25 minutes, or until the marshmallows are brown and crusty.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!