Kara's Party Ideas Sesame Street 2nd Birthday Party | Kara's Party Ideas

clickhereleft

Today on Kara’s Party Ideas– an incredible SESAME STREET THEMED 2ND BIRTHDAY PARTY submitted by Amber Lyden of Party On Designs! Can you tell me how to get…to this amazing party?! Oh. My. Goodness. Everything is just unbelievable!
-THEME: {Details told by MOM, Dana Nussbaum}
“Sesame Chic. My daughter loves Sesame Street (as most kids do), but I was desperate for a new spin on the theme and decided to do a party filled with “Sesame Chic”. J I thought the best way to incorporate the theme and really make it feel accessible and magical was to use the environment of Sesame Street as the backdrop of the party. My intention was for everyone at the party to really feel like they were on Sesame Street. We even replaced our street sign with a custom made one for the day!-INVITES:
I always think the invites set the tone for the party so I wanted guests to know what they were in store for on Maddie’s 2nd birthday. Each guests received a box filled with miniature alphabet blocks, a Sesame Street figurine and a small board book which was custom designed to tell the story of a sunny day and give all of the details needed for the party. They were definitely unique and a fun way to get all of the little ones excited for Maddie’s big day!-DÉCOR:
*Every table had a centerpiece featuring a plush Sesame Street character and a street sign with Madison’s name
*Every chair was graced with a custom designed chair backer with an M or a 2 and trailing primary colored ribbons
*The kids table was a favorite element – it featured brightly colored gumball machines filled with kid friendly snacks like puffs, fruit snacks and cheerios that kids could dispense themselves into brightly colored candy cups. Alphabet blocks were also scattered across the table for fun during mealtime!
*The walkway to the party featured signs alerting guests to “Sunny Days Ahead” and even a faux Subway sign directing guests to take either the “M” or “2” trains to Sesame Street
*Wooden props of characters like Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch set the tone for the party and really transformed the yard into Sesame Street
*At the end of the walkway was a beautiful photo posing booth designed by SEND IN THE CLOWNS and mirrored after the famous Sesame Street brownstone. Guests could pose in front of the brownstone for a Polaroid pic before entering the party
*Madison loves pinwheels so I filled all of our planters with brightly colored ones I found at Target – they gave such a fun pop of color to the party
*A giant elmo prop (5 feet tall!!) was the centerpiece of the backyard and was flanked by multicolored balloon bouquets-ACTIVITIES:
*Each of the activities was inspired by one of the famous inhabitants of Sesame Street…
*Elmo’s Edible Beading (kids made their own edible necklaces using Fruit Loops and licorice strings)
*Cookie Monster’s Cookie Doh Creation Station (kids used glittery Play Doh and assorted cutters and rollers to make dough masterpieces)
*MADISON’S Lunchbox Decorating Center (kids used foam appliqués, Sesame Street characters, glitter glue and stickers to decorate their very own metal lunch box!)
*Abby & Zoe’s Dressing Room (The little ones got dressed up in Abby Cadabby headbands, tutus, Zoe’s jewelry and magic wands)
*Big Bird’s Seed Search (The kids sifted through tubs of birdseed to find treasures like jewelry, stickers and more!)
*Mr. Hooper’s Store (This was Madison’s favorite element of the party!! We customized a Melissa & Doug lemonade stand to turn it into “Hooper’s Store”. The shelves were stocked with kid favorites like bouncy balls, mini tambourines, crayons and coloring books. Every child got a pouch of play money so they could “buy” all of their favorite treats and place them in custom Mr. Hooper’s store shopping bags!)
*Picture Frame Decorating Station (Kids decorated photo frame keychains to display their Polaroid pics and remember their day on Sesame Street)
*Sesame Street Playhouses designed to look like landmarks from the famous street were scattered through the yard and filled with comfy red pillows so kids could take a break and just relax!

-DESSERTS:
*Desserts are always a big part of any family event and this was no exception! As with the rest of the party, I wanted the desserts to represent the characters / environment of Sesame Street.
-Bert & Ernie’s Celebration Krispies (Dipped rice krispy treats with colored sprinkles to match the incomparable duo
-Abby Cadabby’s Magic Pretzel Wands
-Zoe’s Candy Jewelry (Candy Necklaces, Bracelets and Ring Pops were strung along multicolored ribbons on a white Manzanita tree)
-Oscar’s Dirt Cake push pops (displayed in mini trash cans of course)
-Big Bird’s “Bird Seed” (tubes of candy coated sunflower seeds)
-Elmo’s Crayon Colored Frosting Cones (miniature gourmet sugar cones filled with brightly colored buttercream and displayed on a white painter’s pallet…I had the best time making these!!)
-Cookie Monster’s Cookies (an array of delicious cookies complete with take-home boxes for families to bring a bit of the Sesame Street sweetness home with them)
*The dessert table was finished off with delicious red velvet cake pops, a tower of adorable Sesame Street themed cupcakes and of course the polka dot birthday cake replete with a custom street sign styled topper!”

VENDORS:
Sesame Street Posing Station & Props (Concept & Creation), Glitter Tattoos & Face Painting, Cookie Doh Creation Station, Edible Beading: Send in the Clowns
Photography: Jen St. John ([email protected] OR @jenstjohn on Twitter)
Custom Signs, Foam Character Props / Centerpieces: Play Patterns
Centerpiece Sticks, Custom Labels, Tags, Sesame St Signs, Table Signs: Party On Designs
Invitations, Table Tents, Favor Tags, Chair Backers, Cake Topper, Cupcake Picks: Mary Had a Little Party
Balloons: Balloon Emporium
Catering: California Pizza Kitchen
Birthday Cake: Hansen’s Bakery
Custom Desserts (Rice Krispy pops, cake pops, cupcakes, dipped marshmallows): Blue Cupcake
Additional Desserts (dirt cake push pops, candy coated sunflower seeds): Yum Dessert Décor
Cookies: Diddy Riese
Birthday Tutu: Chic Baby Rose
Custom Birthday Tank / Rhinestone Converse Shoes: Princess Patch
Abby Cadabby Headbands: 21 Creations
Abby Cadabby Wands: Tutu 2 Cute
Tutus for Dressing Room: Melody’s Mama

clickhereright

1. Melanie R. Cain says:

This is the cutest party EVER!

2. Cristy says:

Holy OMG! This is the CUTEST sesame street party I have EVER EVER seen! Total winner.

3. Nitzalie says:

I absolutely LOVE this party. My daughter's name is Madison as well and I've been contemplating a Sesame Street theme party for her
    2nd Birthday in June.
    Love all the details.

4. Emily says:

Sorry if I just missed the credit, but did you make those cute party hats with the pics of the characters on the front? So cute!

5. Anonymous says:

The best Sesame party I've seen…

6. MakeLifeDelicious.com says:

LOVE all of this! Doing a Sesame Street party for my daughter's 2nd birthday in August!
    Forgive me if I just missed it, but who made the birthday banner?

7. Susan Crabtree says:

darling!

8. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Party-On-Designs/148420808525374 says:

Mom made the banner! Awesome huh!

9. Connie says:

Love this party! Planning a Sesame Street themed party for my son's 2nd birthday and appreciate all the great ideas! If you don't mind, where did you find the big bird let's party sign? Thanks!

10. Michelle A. says:

This is so gorgeous! I love it! May I please ask – where did you buy the frames you used for the signs for each station? Like the frame holding the sign that says "Elmo's Edible Beading"? :) I have been so desperate to find frames like those. Thank you!

11. Zucker und Honig says:

OMG amazing!
    ilove*
    Nadine

12. Sharon Vuong says:

Omg, absolutely adorable!! Such a lucky little girl! I loveee the colors!! So many colors! I was thinking of planning a Sesame Street themed party for my son's 2nd birthday but I wasn't so sure! Thanks for all the awesome ideas! I am now inspired and motivated to start planning my son's 2nd birthday party!

13. Cathy L. says:

WOW!! Amazing party – but you must have a ton of money to go that crazy for a 2 yr old bday..!! Lucky girl!!!

14. Charla A says:

LOVE everything! All of this was beautiful. If you’re interesting in stealing ANY of your stuff hit me up; would be perfect for my baby Madison who turns 2 soon!

15. […] night on decorations. I look forward to sharing some tutorials soon! image source: cupcakes, gift bags, napkins, lanterns, cake pops, invitations (Etsy store no longer […]

16. gladys says:

love sesame street party ideas!

17. […] de Barrio Sésamo te permite combinar un montón de colores, tantos como personajes!Fotos vía; karaspartyideas¿Qué te han parecido estas ideas para celebrar un cumple de Barrio Sésamo?Tags:Fiestas […]

18. Jessica says:

Could you please tell me where you got the favor bags?

19. Tash says:

I would also like to know where you got the favor bags from? They are very cute and will go well with my theme.

20. […] Birthday Party {Kachow!} 8. Alligator Birthday Bash 9. Elephant 1st Birthday Party {Sooo cute!} 10. Sesame Street Birthday Party 11. Construction Themed Birthday Party {Great for the Rough N Tough!} 12. Frog N Turtle Birthday […]

21. Lisa Pincus says:

Where are the favor bags and party hats from?

22. marion greely says:

also wondering where the party hats are from?

23. Chrystal says:

Where did you get your favor bags from?

• Anonymous says:

The party hats were from Target and I embellished them with some scrapbook stickers I found at Michaels. I also found the favor bags at Target and ordered some custom street sign tags for the front from Etsy. Super easy!:)

24. kelly says:

too bad i’m not rich

25. Jodi Stevens says:

Where did you get the Big Bird, Cookie Monster and Elmo cut outs?

26. Heather says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Where did you get the big character signs? i.e. big Bird welcome, etc…

27. Jocelyn says:

I’d also love to know where you got the big wooden character signs? Looks like a great party!!

28. Lisa Waters says:

Where did you get her pettiskirt at?? I’m going to do this theme for my daughter in December. She is turning 2;)

29. Anne says:

Hello,
    Can you please let me know where you found the gumball machine. I’m having a candy theme party and those would looked great for centerpieces. Please let me know.
    Thanks

30. christina says:

are you selling any of the sign boards I would love to buy them off you

31. Nicole says:

I would also be interested in signs if for sale or where you got them from.

32. […] character and the name of the station. The frames were 99 cents each from Ikea. I got the idea from this […]

33. Debbie says:

How did you make the tutu? I just love the way it looks. I would love to make one for my granddaughter.

34. Anna says:

Hi there,

I would also like to throw my daughter a sesame street birthday party, any advice, help and/or websites you used would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Anna

35. […] aquí es celebrar una fiesta temática de cumpleaños de Barrio Sésamo, como la que hemos visto en Kara’s Party Ideas, para conmemorar el segundo cumpleaños de […]

36. […] Cupcakes: Annies Eats Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats: Gimme Some Oven Photo Booth inspiration: Kara’s Party Ideas […]

37. […] superhero theme for his 4th. Okay, okay now on to the awesome parties I found this week!  Sesame Street Theme Movie Night […]

38. […] Bubbles, Clay, Clappers, Pencils and Erasers or a Fish Bowl. Thank you so much Annie’s Eats, Kara’s Party Ideas and HWTM for these wonderful Sesame Street Party […]

39. […] to the following for these wonderful party ideas!Guyer Family BlogLizard and LadybugHWTMKara’s Party IdeasBird’s Party BlogMom TogPomPom […]

40. Rose says:

Hi I am just wanting to know where you got the multi-coloured spotted lolly bags from. Thanks

41. Amy says:

What a GREAT party! Not sure if you have any of this stuf fleft over, but we are doing a 2nd birthday party for our daughter Madison and would be willing to buy this stuff from you???
    Thanks!
    Amy

42. Carol says:

Hi could you please let me know were you bought the elmo, big bird, and oscar the grouch stand up figures and also the lamp post
    thankyou carol

43. Jennifer says:

I know many asked but I have not seen a response – how did you make the character cutouts?
    Thanks

44. Jenene says:

Hi. Can you tell me about the Sesame Street Stoop Backdrop? Did you make and how? If purchased, from where? Thank you!

45. Richelle says:

hi, just saw the birthday party photos of Madison’s second birthday. I would like to know how you make the character cutouts?
    Thanks

46. leslie says:

Hi, beautiful and creative ideas! if you could please just let me know where you got the character cutouts and street sign i would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks a million!
    Leslie

47. Mireille says:

Your style is really unique compared to other folks I’ve read stuff from.
    I appreciate you for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I’ll just bookmark this web site.

48. Jenn says:

Beautiful Party. Planning my son’s First Birthday, sesame street is the theme. Loving the gumball machines. Where can i find a couple of those? Greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

49. Anne says:

Hi , I would like to know where you got the giant stand-up cutouts of Big Bird and Oscar ? thankss

50. 6 June Kids' Birthday Party Themes - FREE Printables - Savvy Nana says:

[…] My Party            Hostess with the MostessKara’s Party IdeasEtsyLucy DennisBaby Bump & BeyondA Few of My Favorite […]

51. Christian Reyna says:

Hello! I love your party, and hope to be able to recreate many of your lovely ideas. What jumped out at me most was the backdrop. I’m not sure if you got it through ‘Concept & Creation’ or through ‘Send in the Clowns’. I’m unable to locate Concept & Creation, so could you possibly give me their direct link? Thank you!

• Mandy Bradshaw says:

It would be Send in the Clowns–http://sendintheclownsla.com/

• Anonymous says:

I emailed them and They unfortunately are not selling :( I hope this isn’t odd to ask but, would you be willing to rent yours out? If so please contact me via email

• Mandy Bradshaw says:

Sadly, we don’t have one. We didn’t style this particular party. I wish we could help! XOXO!

• Christian Reyna says:

Bummer! It’s okay, thank you for responding. If you happen to come across anyone who might be able to do something along these lines, please do not hesitate to contact me