It’s game time here today with this awesome Tailgate Football Birthday Party submitted by Sara De St Jean of Homespun Hostess out of NW Indiana!
And what a fun time you will have running through the party ideas and details this party has in store… from the cute Game Time dessert table to the fantastic tailgate food bar, this event is sure to make an impression and score a touch down in your party playbook!
Here is a list of scoring plays + incredible ideas featured in this fun-filled event:
- Wrapped food for convenience and ease
- Chalkboard backdrops + menu sign
- Cake pops with foam finger sticks
- Burlap table covers
- Football pennant banners + stationery
- Football cookies
- Football plates
- Astroturf runners + decor squares
- Sideling popcorn snacks
- Wood crates + galvanized bins used to display snacks + sweets
- And a fabulous and fun beverage cart!
Party Styling and Paper Design by Sara De St. Jean | Homespun Hostess
Photography by Maggie Russo | Maggie Russo Photo
Sweets by Cecilia Derolf | Little Miss Sweet Tooth out of Crown Point, Indiana
Tailgate Football Party Details:
This is what Sara shared about the party- “Are you ready for some Football? It’s just about that time of year! Kick off football season with a tailgate party, fun at any age!
This year Andrew chose to have a football party for his 11th Birthday. He invited friends to all wear their favorite team (can you tell we are in Chicago?!) and the boys played a little Madden in the Game truck and some nerf football in the front yard.
Here are a couple of my tips for throwing together a football party and adding that extra bit of attention to detail:
1. Astroturf. Inexpensive at home improvement stores. Use it to cover your table or your tailgate.
2) Printables. Pennant flags go a long way in a tailgate set up. Go Team!
3) Engineer Prints. Large chalkboard Backdrops and menu boards are very inexpensive when you print them as engineer prints.
4) Tissue paper. Easy to make poms poms on sticks and use as garland. Cheer on your team! We used basic football brown and turf green, but you can personalize the colors of your party to your favorite team too.
5) Wrapped food. Make it easy to grab and go with wrapped and labeled hot dogs and subs. Plastic cups with lids make great popcorn and other sideline snack containers.
Powerade and Root Beer Bottles were the tailgate drinks of choice. The porch had a drink station and desserts too.”
Sports, sports, and more sports!
Party Supplies Available from this Party:
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!