You want to plan the perfect party with as little stress as possible, right? In my segment on Studio 5 today I took viewers behind the scenes and shared my party planning timeline! And now, I’m sharing it with you! These key tips can be used for prepping any party!
Download the above party planning timeline pdf HERE.
One to two months before
- Set the date, time and place of the party
- Decide on a party theme or color scheme
- Determine your budget and estimate the cost of your party
- Start to brainstorm ideas
- Start to purchase non-perishable supplies
- Contact and hire outside party vendors if applicable (face painter, bounce house rental, princess, etc.)
One month before
- Chose an invitation
- Start on party decor (things that require assembly before hand, etc.)
- Continue to purchase non-perishable party supplies needed
- Order cake/desserts if applicable
Three weeks before
- Mail or deliver invitations
- Make sure you have all non-perishable items that you need for the party
- Start on party favors
- Continue to work on party decor, etc.
Two weeks before
- Create a master grocery shopping list for all tangible items needed for the party
- Prepare any food items/treats that can be frozen
- Make sure you have enough seating/tables, etc.
One week before
- Set up amock partyor sketch out your party set up so you can get a visual
- Follow up with guests who have not sent an RSVP
- Create a music playlist on iPod, etc.
- Write names of guest on party favors
Two days before
- Purchase groceries and perishable items on your list
- Wash cake stands, glassware & serving pieces, etc.
- Start putting up party decor
- Iron table cloths or linens needed
- Start setting up actual party
- Set out cake stands, food trays, etc. in proper places
- Chill drinks
- Finish setting everything up
- Prepare your guest bathroom
- Set out garbages, etc.
Two hours before
- Finish all food preparation
One hour before
- Put out all food/dessert
- Turn on iPod playlist
- Sit down and relax/rejuvenate before guests arrive!
And, as promised, download the free HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINI ALPHABET PENNANT BANNER HERE!
AND, download this MASTER PARTY TEMPLATE via Studio 5 HERE!