I love the woodland vibe of this Little Red Riding Hood party, as well as all of the red apple elements! Some of my favorite ideas are:
- The ornate gold frame used for the photobooth
- The tall apothecary jars filled with apples
- The acorn cookies made with Hershey’s Kisses and Nutter Butter Bites
- The snow globe party craft / activity
- The tree trunk slice cupcake stand
- and MORE!
Here’s what Dawn said about planning the party
– “I have always dreamed of styling a little girl’s birthday party someday, and after we adopted our daughter in 2008 that dream became a reality. I knew I wanted to do a Little Red Riding Hood party in my parents gorgeous wooded backyard.
I took my daughter into the woods, and photographed the birthday invitation myself with the inside reading “Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house we go…”
The main dessert table was set under an arbor. I covered the table in burlap with a moss table runner. The focal point of the table was the amazing cupcake stand that my father made from tree trunk slices. Apothecary jars full of delicious red apples, wood bowls filled with woodland treats, and apple juice served in apple shaped bottles.
The girls made made mini “snowglobes” with baby food jars, moss, sticks and a tiny deer tucked inside. A photo booth was set up in the woods, which was the highlight of the party.
My Little Red Riding Hood never saw the big bad wolf that day!!”