I love the idea of throwing a gender neutral Noah’s Ark party for twins and focusing on the animals that went “two by two” (just like twins) as well as the vibrant colors of the rainbow. What a fun party!
A few of the highlights to look for are:
- The watermelon carved into the shape of an ark and used to serve fruit
- The Noah’s Ark themed cake, complete with animals and, of course, an ark
- The birthday girl’s rainbow fabric strip and ribbon skirt
- The ark shaped felt favor / activity bags filled with felt finger puppet animals
- and MORE!
Cake- Elizabeths Cakes of Plano
Party Printables – Totful Memories
Ark Finger Puppet Bags- Groovy Holidays
Petting Zoo- Cathys Critters
Photography- Kelly Rucker Photography
Here’s what Kelly said about planning the party
– “What better theme for twins turning 2 than a 2×2 Party? Its always a challenge to find fun gender-neutral party themes, so I thought a Noahs Ark Party was the perfect way for my little boy and girl to celebrate their birthday together! Also, I loved all the fun rainbow party inspiration I had been seeing, so this was a great way to bring together my love for bright colors and my twins love of animals!
The centerpiece of the party was the Taste the Rainbow treat table including Rainbow Dipped Oreos & Pretzel Twigs, Marshmallow Lollipops with Rainbow Sprinkles, and Rainbow Licorice. And I absolutely adored the gorgeous Noahs Ark cake from Elizabeths Cakes.
Other details included an ark made from watermelon (which served as a fruit bowl and was surprisingly easy to make!), felt ark gift bags with pairs of animal finger puppets for party favors, and a wooden ark bean bag toss that my husband and I made together.
Of course the main attraction was the adorable petting zoo of baby animals from Cathys Critters. We had quite a large age range of kids at the party, and the animals were a huge hit with them all!”