What a fun idea to highlight the arts and crafts aspect of a fun camp out by combining the two themes into one party! I also love the bright, happy vibe that the rainbow theme brings into this camping arts and crafts party. A few of my favorite ideas and elements are:
- The rainbow paper chain backdrop
- The colorful cake pops displayed on a wooden artist’s palette
- The cake with rainbow striped sides and topped with an artist’s palette and a camping tent
- The Rice Krispie treats dipped in colored candy melts and topped with wooden paddles to resemble paintbrushes dipped in paint
- The white ruffle tablecloth and burlap ruffle tablecloth
- and MORE!
Grace’s dress – Gymboree
Grace’s headband – Pirouettes and Ponytails, Etsy
Grace and Melissa’s necklaces – Create Outside the Box, Etsy
Cake – Monzu Bakery
Printables – Dimple Prints
Melissa said this about the party
– “Like most 9 year old girls, my daughter Grace loves all things arts and crafts. So when picking the theme for her birthday party this year, I wasn’t surprised when she asked for an arts and crafts theme. To put a little twist on the traditional theme, we turned her party into a Camp Arts and Crafts Party. We used a rainbow color scheme with lots of camp touches, including burlap, kraft paper and touches of nature. Carli from Dimple Prints made the customized printables that tied the party together. They were amazing!
For the backdrop for the sweets table and the trail mix bar, we stuck with our rainbow arts and crafts theme by making ombre paper pinwheels for the sweets table and paper chains for the trail mix bar.
We had lots of arts and crafts activities for our campers. We dyed sailor bracelets, painted canvases, made noodle necklaces and bracelets, made God’s Eyes, had sand art. My daughter decided that instead of having her campers bring presents, she wanted to collect donations for Project Linus – a non-profit organization that collects blankets for children in need. As one of the arts and crafts projects, we made a fleece tie blanket to donate on behalf of her party. It was such a touching activity!”