This retro 1950’S DINER FATHER’S DAY PARTY was submitted by Michelle Stewart of Michelle’s Party Plan-It.
I love that this theme would be great for so many occasions from a birthday party to a Father’s Day celebration to a baby shower!
The 1950’s diner party ideas and elements I like best in this event are:
- The car shaped food boxes
- The edible records made with black licorice wheels
- The cupcakes served in ice cream dishes and topped with a cherry gumball
- The retro metal diner signs
- The jukebox
- and MORE!
Styling, Party Stationary and Customized Coordinating Decor: Michelle’s Party Plan-It
Cookies by Cookies by Tree
Items used in this 1950’s diner party available in Kara’s Party Ideas Shop:
- Cupcake Liners
- Striped Paper Straws
- Clear Cellophane Bags
- Baker’s Twine
- Lollipop / Treat Sticks
- White 2-sided Fram
DINER PARTY DETAILS:
Here’s what Michelle said about the party
– “Father’s Day is one of my favorite holidays of the year. A day for me to celebrate my husband who is the best Father I could ever hope for to our 3 sons and not to mention a wonderful husband. This year’s celebration was a challenge for me because I had less than 2 weeks to plan it. With so much going on lately, June was here before I knew it and I still hadn’t thought of a theme. Finally, the Hubby and I decided on a 50s Diner style party. So with that “Dad’s Diner” was created and I started right away with designing the necessary stationary and backdrop to allow myself time for printing and assembly.
First stop, Hobby Lobby and Home Goods where I found the diner style signs, Coca-Cola paraphernalia, and the Gas pump. I lucked out when I found a retro Coca-Cola napkin dispenser, trays and vintage car favor boxes on a resale party supply Facebook group page. It was all finally coming together but I kept thinking how cute it would be if I could find a retro dinette set to add to the ambiance, and luck would have it I found one on Craigslist! It needed a bit of TLC, but nothing my wonderful hubby couldn’t handle, so I got it for a steal! Nothing like a good deal to get the party planning fire started!
My boys took our guests orders and the hubby grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. Dinner was served in burger baskets with chips and pasta salad. For refreshments we offered the choice of lemonade or bottled Coca-Cola. There were donuts, cookies, cherry pie, apple pie, cupcakes and tons of candy to choose from for dessert. We had a blast and best of all, the Hubby had a great time!”
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!