The fabulous folks at Hershey’s asked me to create a holiday recipe using adorable Hershey’s Kisses! This recipe is great to create with kids! Nothing beats gathering my boys together on a cold and snowy December afternoon to have some fun in the kitchen. We love creating fun holiday-themed desserts and treats like these darling Reindeer Cupcakes made with HERSHEYS KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates. My boys cant wait to share them with our family and friends!
Christmas Reindeer Cupcakes with Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates Recipe
*Makes 33 cupcakes.
For the chocolate cupcakes:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa or HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can creamy chocolate ready-to-spread frosting
For the reindeer topping:
- 1 bag (11oz) of HERSHEYS KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates in red, silver or green foils
- Clear sprinkles
- 1 large bag mini pretzels (about 30-40 pretzels)
- 1 bag (12oz) of HERSHEYS Premier White Chips
- Black frosting*
- 33 round wafer cookies 1 cm in diameter
*Frosting can be either in a tube or piping bag bakers choice.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tin (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper or foil bake cups.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Frost each cupcake with chocolate frosting.
7. Pour clear sprinkles into a bowl and roll the top of one cupcake in the sprinkles, covering the frosting completely with sprinkles.
8. Gently press two mini pretzels into the top portion of your cupcake to be the reindeer antlers. Pretzels should be flat with the two pretzel loops facing out.
9. Place a round wafer cookie in the center of your cupcake (where the nose would go). Press gently into the frosting so it is stuck in place.
10. Place two HERSHEYS Premier White Chips upside-down into the cupcake, directly above the wafer cookie.
11. With the black frosting in either a tube or piping bag, squeeze a small dab of frosting onto the bottom of one wrapped HERSHEYS KISSES Brand Milk Chocolate. Place the chocolate directly on top of the center of the wafer cookie to create the reindeer nose.
12. Using the same tube or piping bag of black frosting, add a simple back dot to the center of each white chocolate chip to complete the eyes.
13. Repeat steps 7-12 to finish remaining cupcakes. Enjoy!
*HERSHEYS KISSES Brand Milk Chocolate foils should be removed prior to consumption. Chocolate cupcake recipe taken from HersheysKitchens.com.
For more information on HERSHEYS KISSES Chocolates, visit www.HersheysKisses.com!