If there are two things kids love, its cheese and chocolate. So for a special celebration, set up a bar featuring Evite’s easy, kid-friendly cheese fondue and chocolate fondue. After all, whats more fun than fondue?
Healthy dippables like apple slices (such as Chiquita Bites, which are conveniently packaged pre-sliced) are perfect accompaniments to both cheese and chocolate fondues!
This cheese fondue recipe skips the white wine and calls for mild monterey jack to appeal to kid palates (just save it for kids 4 and above, as melted cheese, fondue pots and pointy skewers can be safety hazards for younger children). It can be served warm in a bowl and eaten immediately or last all party long in a fondue pot set on low.
EASY KID-FRIENDLY CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE
- 1 8-ounce block monterey jack cheese
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk (plus an additional can, if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cubed baguette and/or baby carrots and apple slices (we used Chiquita Bites) for dipping
- 1 Shred cheese.
- 2 Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally for the first three minutes.
- 3 Stir constantly for two more minutes, or until melted, bubbly, thickened and smooth.
- 4 If fondue is too thick, add evaporated milk a quarter-cup at a time until it’s the consistency you want. Pour into fondue pot or bowl and serve with dippables.
Two ingredients is all you need for this show-stopping dessert kids and adults alike will love (just save it for kids 4 and above, as fondue pots and pointy skewers can be safety hazards for younger children). The chocolate fondue can be served warm in a bowl and eaten immediately or last all party long in a fondue pot or fondue fountain set on low.
EASY KID-FRIENDLY CHOCOLATE FONDUE RECIPE
- 1 bag (11.5 ounces) milk or semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Apple slices (we used Chiquita Bites), banana slices, strawberries and/or marshmallows for dipping
- 1 Heat cream and chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- 2 Pour into fondue pot or bowl and serve with dippables.