One of the biggest American holidays is just around the corner… celebrate it in style by using some of the incredible party ideas featured in this Patriotic Red + White & Blue Birthday BBQ submitted by Jaclyn Bishop of Down Emery Lane out of Thousand Oaks, CA US!
Its fun activities, patriotic prints + decor and all-American dessert table are sure to help you gear up for all the festive fun that lies in store!
Here are the party ideas + elements I’ve been bursting to share from this darling birthday bash:
- Patriotic party signage + stationery
- Patriotic table linens, runners, etc.
- A fun cake inspired by the American Flag
- Mason jar flower + flag centerpieces
- Red, white & blue paper fan + honeycomb backdrop
- A sweet table covered with candy you would likely find at a county fair
- Patriotic pinwheels
- And more!
This is what Jaclyn shared about the party- “It was so amazing to finally see this party come together. Truth be told, this was originally going to be Archer’s first birthday party theme until Jessica decided on the Wild One party and we agreed to keep this for Archer’s 2nd Birthday. Knowing your theme early allows for not only a lot of prep time but also a lot of shopping time, Jessica’s favorite. Jessica was able to pick up several things on clearance after the 4th of July and stored those in anticipation of this Memorial Day weekend party.
We’d like to thank Singer Sister Sweets for the amazing cake, as always. Rebecca is a true gem and we are so lucky to know her. All of these amazing photos are courtesy of Summer Nicole Photo whom we have had the pleasure of knowing since I was in junior high, ages ago!
Here are a few of our favorite things!
1. The GAMES! We rented the game booths and not only were they a beautiful backdrop but the kids loved them! We had the fish bowl tossing game, coke bottle ring toss and dart balloon popping. The kids earned tickets to redeem prizes at the game booth like an old fashioned county fair.
2. The SWEETS! The dessert bar featured things you would find at your county fair or maybe even a night at a ball game. There was the delicious cake, the chocolate covered oreos, red vines, Big League Chew bubble gum and even cracker jacks!
3. The FOOD! The All-American Hot Dog Bar featured various hot dogs wrapped and ready to be topped with any of your favorite finds. The chips and potato salad were the perfect afternoon snack paired with a classic soda from the Soda Station or even some sweet tea.
4. THANK THE TROOPS! This definitely pulled on the heart strings. We had postcards out for the guests to send a thank you note that we would be mailing to the troops. We also had coloring sheets for the kids to color for us to mail out. A patriotic party would not be complete without thanking those that fight for our freedom. This table also featured some of Archer’s Dad’s things as he is a Navy Veteran.
5. The FUN! I have to give the guests themselves credit on this one! Nearly everyone there donned their best red, white and blue attire to celebrate not only the birthday boy but the American holiday. It sure makes the whole theme come together when every is wearing their red, white and blue — Oh America, we love you!”
Patriotic inspiration found inside these parties:
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!