For this post, I may have received some form of compensation, but all opinions are 100% my own.
Fall gives you plenty of opportunities to use the bounteous harvest of your garden. I don’t know about you, but I love zucchini and I get plenty of zucchini from the one plant that I always bury into the deep earth at the dawn of spring. How in the world does one plant produce so much!?!
After you have made all of your old standby’s, try this squash casserole…it’s so easy and delicious!
Squash Casserole Recipe
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 50 min
Ready in: 65 min
For: 6 servings
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb yellow squash, coarsely shredded
- 3/4 lb zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 1-1/2 tsp Urban Accents Fisherman’s Wharf
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In large skillet, saute onion in oil until golden; remove from heat. Stir in zucchini, yellow squash and Fisherman’s Wharf; add eggs and milk.
- Spray 1-1/2 quart casserole with non-stick spray. Spoon in 1/2 of mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 of cheese and 1/2 of bread crumbs, repeat.
- Bake uncovered for 45 min.
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!