When planning a birthday party, there are a few steps to keep in mind to make your life much easier. To outline these “sanity savers” I have designed and planned a Disney Frozen Birthday Party with fresh and unique party ideas. It’s a two-for-one party post!! What more could you ask for? Party tips and sanity savers, all in one!
Sanity Saving Steps & Escape Plans
Ever wonder how party stylists keep it all together and seamlessly plan a beautiful party? Today, I am going to share a few sanity savers that I have learned over the years. These are my tried and true steps to planning a party.
- Get inspired: Whether or not you already have a theme in mind (or more likely, if your adorable cherubic daughter has already
demandedput in her order for her birthday party), it is always helpful to gather inspiration. I love to head over to my local craft or hobby stores or home decor shops.Also, a stop at my favorite red and white bullseye store with the auspicious bags of popcorn to keep the little ones happy in the cart while I peruse the aisles.
- Get inspired online: You can continue your inspirational search by hopping on Pinterest, Etsy, or your favorite party blogs (shameless plug) for more inspiration. No matter how you do it, you’ll gather tons of good inspiration.
- Narrow your theme: Finalize your focus. For example, for this Disney Frozen party, I wanted to focus on the turquoise and purple elements of the movie Frozen. You’ll see those two colors highlighted throughout the party.
- Plan the details: Decide what you want to accomplish with the party. Are you going to serve a full meal or a nice spread of desserts? Are you creating short party with sweets, presents, and one game or are you planning on entertaining for a few hours with crafts, games, and opening and closing activities? Where is your venue? Are you doing a DIY party or paying for vendors?
- Have an escape plan:Most people plan the party from the decorating through the cake and presents, with the final step of handing out favors as the guests exit the door. However, many forget about the time after guests have left, when you are tired, and the last bit confetti has fallen to the ground. Having a fool proof escape plan is essential.
For this essential escape plan reason, I am always proud to partner with Bounty–they help me ensure that the clean up and escape route doesn’t get frozen in time. Let’s face it, we’ve all made the mistake of going to bed and leaving clean-up until the morning. Don’t be tempted. Plus, with Bounty Prints Featuring Disney Frozen you can incorporate the escape plan straight into the party in one seamless step. See how I have done this with my Turquoise & Purple Frozen Birthday Party below.
Turquoise & Purple Frozen Birthday Party
Milk bottles with blue and white striped straws. Milk bottles are a great staple for parties because they can be washed and reused.
Take a look at these adorable Bounty Olaf quilted napkins! They are integrated into the party decor but they are also part of your escape plan! Little Sally spills her milk? No problem, you’ve got a plan for that–a very stylish, party themed plan!
Disney Frozen cookies: Can’t you just imagine the town of Arendelle looking just like these iced homes?
Turquoise and purple candies that could have very well been purchased from the little corner candy shop in Arendelle. They are displayed on Bounty Prints featuring Disney Frozen.
Make desserts easy by keeping it simple, yet making it stylish. These mini chocolate chip cookies are perfect party sweets because they have a little frosting in the middle. They are also easily placed in a themed napkin and carried by little hands.
Use these sanity saving steps and escape plan tips to plan your next party and you’ll be on your way to having the most stylish and relaxing bash ever!