“Ding, ding, ding…it’s HUG TIME!” Gather round to dance and sing, this “Troll-tastic” Trolls Birthday Party is about to ring!
Filled with colors that shimmer and shine, this darling party by Candice Marcussen of Hustle & Heart Party Design, out of Oceanside Ca, is a Trolls shrine!
So if you are looking for happiness from all of the signing trolls, be sure to spot these specific details, hidden below:
- Rainbow party signage
- Colorful rosette cake
- Tissue fan backdrop
- Bubble gum flower arrangements
- Rainbow fruit and veggie trays
- Garden guest table with bright flower pillow chairs
- Floral garden place settings
- M&M pretzel flowers
- Troll hair headbands
- Scrapbooking activity table
- And fabulous troll themed photo booths!
“Troll-tastic” Trolls Birthday Party
“Troll-tastic” Trolls Birthday Party Details:
This is what Candice shared about the party- “Kenley asked months ago for a Trolls themed Party this year! She loves everything about the movie so I had to deliver for my baby girl. I had always wanted to do a rainbow party so this was the perfect mash up! We had tons of help making the day special for Kenley, her girl friends and her little brother Asher (the ONLY boy allowed)!
LOTS OF GLITTER WAS USED IN THE MAKING OF THIS PARTY AND ALTHOUGH IT WAS 3 WEEKS AGO IT’S STILL EVERYWHERE !!!!!
We locked down the awesome Rachel Andersen from Primrose Plum Photography to photograph the day and got printables from Wants & Wishes!
I started with my fav dress designer Hanna from Lamb and Ivy Couture. Although Kenley wants to be Poppy for Halloween she knew she did not want to dress as her for the party. She wanted a true “Party” dress. Hanna suggested the pattern and KG approved the fabrics ;)
DECOR – Our favorite party at Hustle & Heart Party Design
I FINALLY broke down and bought a Cricket. I was told by my friend Breanne Abbott-Castro that all a girl needs is a Cricket and a Glue Gun and you can do almost anything. Man – this was great advice! As a former (ok and current) Easy addict – I was even surprised that I actually did most of the crafting myself for this party and loved even minute of it! I had lots of help from Nicolle Knight, Kevin Marcussen and Kenley of course. I made the Cloud Men, banners, buntings, troll headbands, troll wreath bubble gum flower arrangements, Flower Toothpicks. Also, I was happy to discover Tulle was also very fun to work with :) I made and also bought some of the fans for the backdrop. I also made felt hug time bracelets that doubled as utensil wraps – crazy cute!
Cloud Man greeted guests at the party and we also had a second one in the back yard. I used a large cardboard box to make the shape and added the fluff, blue pool noodles happened to have the Garden Gloves and socks. We used wire to make the arms posable. I cut out the paper eyes and mouth (I had to try a few times to get these right – per the boss Kenley haha).
– Kevin built the Troll Twins (Denim and Chenille) Photo Prop that was hand painted by the awesome Diane Abbott (with Kenley overseeing every detail and kindly requesting MORE & MORE GLITTER).
– The “PARTY” drop was simple it’s a pink paper back drop with a silver fringe door curtain and 12in PARTY balloons. I made the tissue fringe tassels and they looked so colorful blowing in the breeze)!
– Kevin made the sweet low tables for the kids to enjoy their snack of Rainbow Fruits, veggies and flower shaped sandwiches, cake and candy! – Kevin also found a recipe and made awesome fruity pebble & marshmallow roll ups – he was really into this party!
– Nicolle Knight made the beautiful M&M Pretzel Flowers
– Cake & Cupcakes were by my fav Vons Bakery!
– We had as much Rainbow Candy as they eye can see (choc. coins, twizzlers, pixie sticks, skittles & lolly pops – KG’s favs)
– Plain Turkey & Cheese on white bread sandwiches punched our in cute little flowers (all prepared by Grandma & Kenley).
– I wrapped milk bottles with the cute bright printables for the kids to enjoy either Branch’s Lemonade or Poppy Punch.
– GUY DIAMONDS SLIME STATION – Kevin Marcussen & Vicky Lundquist Marcussen made all of the Slime for Guy Diamond’s Slime Station. I think this might have been many of the kids favorite part of the party! It was unanimous that the cloud man slime was the best to play with!
– PIN THE NOSE ON POPPY – Kenley really wanted to play this game as we did something similar for her brothers 1st Birthday and she loved it. The closest noses won Glitter Nail Polish and Trolls Key Chains
-Kenley chose 3 songs to dance to for this part of the party. Kevin was able to find the song “Can’t Stop the feeling” on Gonoodle (which we love) and played it for the kids to dance along with on the TV. They loved it! After all thats what Trolls Love to do….SING….DANCE & HUG!
which brings me to the last activity that we were so excited about that if you have seen the movie you know Poppy loves Scrap Booking.
– I went and sent several friends to their local Joanns to find enough scrapbooks for each kid to have one – whew! Throughout the day of the party we were grateful to have helpers taking pics of the girls on an instant camera and also bought an HP Sprocket printer. My goal was to have 2-3 photos of each girl that by the end of the party she could made 1-2 pages in her very own scrap book. We had tons of things for the girls to use to make their pages including Glitter Glue, Washi tape, stickers, stamps, photo frames, etc. They spent a lot of time on their pages and then were able to take the book home with them to complete later.
– In addition to the scrap book and the hug time bracelets, each girl took home a Troll’s Pez dispenser and a Gable Box (from Zazzle) filled with Slime, a troll tatoo, candy bracelet, lip gloss, bounce ball, punch balloon and light up stamp
– I tied the top of the boxes together with tulle and they looked adorable.”
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!