Turn down the lights and get ready to cheer, this NYE Movie Night by Jennifer Needham of The Party Teacher, out of Woodstock, GA, USA, is here!
Streaming glam decor and tasty treats, this New Year’s party is one you have to meet!
So grab your noise makers and fill your glasses, the following party details are more that classics:
- Glam party blower garland
- Film reel backdrop
- Fringe streamers
- Confetti lollipops
- Film reel cupcakes
- Gold sequin table cover
- Cheers glasses
- And glitter party hats!
NYE Movie Night
NYE Movie Night Details:
This is what Jennifer shared about the party- “We are definitely a quiet New Year’s Eve at home kind of family. But at the same time, we want New Year’s Eve to be more special than just a night where we stay up late. So I designed a movie-themed New Year’s Eve dessert table and on December 31, we’ll be watching Holiday (1938) and The Poseidon Adventure (1972) on DVD.
The Dessert Table:
Since I want NYE to be easy for me, I only created a dessert table. Details to look for:
- Gold sequin table runners.
- All white serving pieces that keep the focus on the desserts.
- DIY party horn and noisemaker garland.
- The Desserts
- All the treats were purchased because this party is supposed to be easy on mom.
- Chocolate cake with white vanilla buttercream icing, dusted in edible gold glitter.
- Champagne cupcakes with vanilla bean buttercream icing, also dusted in edible gold glitter.
- Champagne lollipops with back and gold edible glitter.
- Popcorn for watching movies.
- Hershey’s Kisses (for midnight kisses).
- To make the party kid-friendly, we had sparkling cider instead of champagne.
Dress Up Your Desserts:
Half the fun of designing a dessert table is dressing up the desserts themselves.
- Top glittered cupcakes with film ribbon
- Pop shiny gold straws in your cheers glasses.
- Hot glue black satin bows and a gold glitter initial to gold popcorn boxes. (Then no one has to wonder whose box is whose.
- Add a gold glitter 2018 topper to your cake.
This backdrop was ultra-easy to create. I think this set up also would be super-cute for an Oscars viewing party.
- Layer crepe paper fringe. It comes in a pack with gold, silver and cream.
- Add ribbon printed to look like film.
- Using 3M Command strips, hang vintage film canisters.
- Add a Happy New Year banner and a garland of faux popcorn.”
Party styling and photography: The Party Teacher
Cake and cupcakes: Smallcakes Woodstock
Cake topper: The Paper Prop Shop
Film reels: Film Punk and Junk
Film ribbon: Hollywood Baskets
Happy new year garland: Earle’s Folly
Lollipops: Sweet Caroline Confections
Mini party hats: Little Blue Olive
Fringe streamers: Witty Bash
Gold sequin table runners: Floratouch
Gold forks: Target
Cheers glasses: Target dollar aisle
Faux popcorn garland: Factory Direct Craft on Amazon
Gold straws: Meri Meri
Gold popcorn boxes: Amazon
Black satin bows: Buttons Bags and Bows on Amazon
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!