Ready for two scoops instead of one? If so, this 60’s Mod Inspired Ice Cream Bridal Shower is yum yum!
Coming at ya out of Norfolk VA by Kristin Rapisardi of Lustre Theory; this sweet occasion is dripping with details that will melt your heart!
Some of which, include:
- Ice Cream Party Invite + Stationery
- Vintage Mint Trailer
- Gourmet Ice Cream Cones
- Beautiful Balloon Installation
- Rainbow Tassel Chairs
- Macaron Ice Cream Sandwiches
- And colorful Gummy Candy!
60’s Mod Inspired Ice Cream Bridal Shower
60’s Mod Inspired Ice Cream Bridal Shower Details:
This is what Kristin shared about the party-
What do you get when you combine a bridal shower, amazing colors, macaron ice cream sandwiches and one of my favorite vintage style eras? Pure magic of course with a cherry on top!
This shoot inspiration came from the 60’s Mod style. Elements from this movement were sprinkled into the party decor and fashion choices. The shoot location was in the downtown Norfolk Arts District or sometimes called the Neon District of Norfolk, VA.
The goal wasn’t to copy the well known Twiggy style, but to bring in hints of it so you could feel the influence when looking at the images.
Color played a big role in defining this classic look. Bright, bold color is splayed in geometric patterns and vintage influence. The style focuses on color blocking, hints of bright yellow, orange, pink, and pastels.
The subculture brought about a more playful approach to makeup and the use of color. Different elements of the 60’s hair and makeup trends were chosen for the models, voluminous hair, lots of eyeliner and large bright accessories.
TIPS TO TAKE AWAY
1. Have no fear! Don’t be afraid to pull decor and style elements from famous time periods or favorite themes. But try and think about how you can adapt these ideas into your event designs and still keep it current and make it your own. Rather than just copying the original idea.
2. Get creative with your food. Fancy cupcakes were used inside the waffle cones for this shoot for both impact and longevity. If you want something on your dessert or food tables that will look beautiful but also last sometimes it’s helpful think outside the box. Choose something creative and tasty that you might not have thought could be used in that way before!
3. Mirror decor design elements. Sometimes you have a feature at your event venue that offers a serendipitous addition to your decor. In this shoot the multicolored fence was perfect for the theme but I wanted to connect the fence to the shoot more. Colored ribbons were used as a fun backing for the heart shaped bistro chairs and played off the vertical lines of color on the fence. Many times taking advantage of decor elements from your venue will help unify your whole event aesthetic and could save you a little money in rentals.”
Decor Styling & Invitation Suite | Lustre Theory
Photography | David Schwartz Photography
Styling Assist | A Lively Affair
Makeup | BlushTones
Hair | Flawless Onsite by Amberly
Florals | Black Iris Floral Events Co
Macarons & Ice Cream | Hummingbird Macarons & Desserts
Vintage Rentals |<arel=”nofollow” href=”https://madhattervintage.com/”> Mad Hatter Vintage Rentals
Vintage Trailer | Skylar Wyatt
Models | Skylar Wyatt Scott, Tiffany Cobb, Sade Graham
Doggy Model | Winston Klimesh
Location | The NEON District – Norfolk VA
See our collection of the best bridal shower ideas here!
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!