Kara's Party Ideas Surf's Up Summer Pool Party! | Kara's Party Ideas
Today’s winning party feature goes to this fantastic SURF’S UP BEACH PARTY submitted by Paisley Petal EventsSo cuteThe homemade wooden surf boards kill me! I love the orange, green and blue color scheme…and the M&M shots! The invitation is perfect {made by Chachke Designs}. This would be a great end of summer party {sigh}.
Photography by Laura Sheneman.
“For the main table, I used a white tablecloth with a simple blue net as an overlay to give it more of a beachy feel and created the “Hit the Beach” banner out of scrapbook paper.  I couldn’t find printables to match the theme/colors exactly, so I created the dessert labels myself using a digital paper design.  But, Sarah (who made the invitation) now has matching printables, so you can order everything for your party from her!”

“For the desserts, I went to my wonderful cake designer, Sprinklebelle Cakes, for some fondant surfboard and shark cupcakes.  I sent her a picture of the surfboards and just told her to make something that matched the colors, and as usual, I absolutely LOVED them!”

1. Party Wagon says:

LOVE this party! The surfboards are fantastic!

2. The Homespun Hostess says:

I love the wooden surfboards! Fabulous job!!

3. Jodee says:

What a fabulous party! I love, love, love the colors! So cute!

4. Oh, Goodness! Desserts says:

The M&M Shots are such a cute idea! I love the entire dessert table!

5. Holly Moeller says:

Kara, thanks so much for featuring my party today!! xoxo

6. [email protected] says:

The Shark Cucakes and Flip Flop Nutter Butters are a great idea! Super Cute PARTY!

7. Lisa says:

More details about the surf boards or tips, please!

8. Marilee says:

Where did you get the large surfboards for the back ground?

9. You can do anything with a cupcake liner… « DIY Picnic Wedding: Eugene, OR says:

[…] at the beach, and she had a whole section on her website devoted to beach parties.  There was a Surf’s Up Summer Party that provided tons of good ideas, and while I don’t have the time to do most, I found one […]

10. Beach Themed Birthday Party Planning « Hoosier Party Girl says:

[…] would want to use surfboards as a backdrop either for the food table, the park pavilion, or for fun photo […]

11. Robert Provins says:

Like the boards !

12. Colleen says:

This may be a silly question, What did you use to make the surf boards or are they actually surf boards.

13. Chelsea says:

My 6 year old son is OBSESSED with sharks. His birthday is in October, which is hardly beach season in the mountains LOL, but I am going to do a shark themed party. I love so many elements shown here. I think we’ll do surfboards with bites taken out of them.

14. marykay says:

this is amazing my grandson’s room is done in all beach theme love it love it

15. 5 Super Simple Beach Party Ideas – Round Up! | PartyBluPrints.com says:

[…] 1. Peanut butter cookie flip flops – Kara’s Party Ideas> […]

16. Liz says:

How did you make the surfboards?

17. Festa compleanno tema marino SURF | Feste e compleanni says:

[…] giganteschi surf di legno (o cartone) coloratissimi e tante bandierine festose sono la proposta di Kara’s Party Ideas (come sempre una […]

18. Beach Themed {Poolside} Birthday Party | Unique Pastiche Events says:

[…] Flip Flop Cookies – shared by Kara’s Party Ideas […]

19. Guest Post: Watch Out! This Shark Party Will Bite Ya!! | Home Seasons - Holiday Decorations & Seasonal Decor says:

[…] and cupcakes are darling too, not to mention this whole entire spread of goodies spotted on Kara’s Party Ideas. This is a pool party’s dream dessert […]

20. salliemcg says:

Like so many others, I’m wondering how to make the surf boards – any DIY instructions?

21. Jaclyn says:

Hi! I was wondering what did you make the surf boards out of? How did you make them

22. Festa Surf | Let's Party Blog says:

[…] Esta mesa super fofa foi toda produzida no estilo faça-você-mesmo. Na mesa foi usada uma toalha branca com uma rede de pesca jogada por cima para trazer o ar de praia para a festa. No fundo de mesa, pranchas feitas de compensados de madeira cortados no formato de pranchas e pintados à mão + bandeirolas. Na frente da mesa, lanternas de papel nos tons da festa foram espalhadas pelo chão para um efeito lúdico e colorido. E na mesa, a paleta de cores está presente nas guloseimas, fitas e papelaria. Ficou o máximo! (fonte) […]

23. Leigh says:

How do you make the wood surfboard cutouts?

• Mandy Bradshaw says:

From the stylist at Paper Crush: I came up with the idea of having surfboards for the backdrop of the dessert table and thought I could easily make them out of cardboard. My husband quickly responded that cardboard simply wouldn’t work and that we needed to make them out of wood. So that’s what we did! We cut 8 foot tall surfboards out of plywood with a jigsaw and then painted them fun stripes in the colors I had decided on for the party…orange, blue and green. Most of the paint came from the ‘reject’ paint cart at Home Depot, so it was really cheap! They took a little time to make, but I thought they turned out GREAT!