Kara's Party Ideas Cheerios themed First Birthday Party! Unique and fun theme and ideas!

CHEERIO themed 1st birthday party! So cute with so many ideas! Via KarasPartyIdas.com

How fun is this CHEERIOS THEMED FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY submitted by Katie Jefcoat? Such a cute theme! Katie wanted a fun, unique party that was perfect for a one year old and all of his friends. She definitely nailed it! So adorable.

Some of my favorite ideas and elements from this cute Cheerios themed party are:

• The garland made out of cheerios
  • The pom pom ribbon everywhere
  • The mason jar filled with cheerios and an number one candle
  • The pennant banner made out of cereal boxes
  • The party favors
  • And MORE!

VENDOR CREDITS:
Party Styling- Sarah Bohl Designs
O-N-E letters- Marvin Sanderfielf
Favor Tags and high chair bunting- Chubby Cheeks
Party Hat- Dainty Couture
Straws and little polka-dot cups- Hey Yo Yo
Cupcakes- Freshly Baked
Photo of baby in cereal bowl- Kathy Mosier Photography

Items used in this cheerios first birthday party available in Kara’s Party Shop:

Here is what Katie had to say about planning the party- “I enlisted the skills of my friends and strangers on Etsy to help carry out my vision. I started with the milk bottles… what goes better with Cheerios than milk? Instead of ordering the vintage glass bottles online, I waited for a sale on Starbucks Frappuccinos at my local grocery store and then bought a dozen, took off the labels, and voila, vintage looking milk bottles. The #1 Cheerios Mosaic was created out of a party store pinata, after the tissue is ripped off and the cardboard frame is painted, it is a perfect canvas for a mosaic creation. The Cheerios box bunting banner was obvious. I asked all of my friends to keep their empty boxes and then I started cutting and cutting and cutting. The Cheerios garland, also a no-brainer… I had seen bird feeder ideas out of Cheerios and I thought a garland would be adorable. I love the way it turned out with the red and yellow ribbon all hung together. The wooden spoons with white chocolate and cheerios were a great idea from Kara herself!

The inspiration for the O-N-E letters was taken from Pinterest, as was the favor idea. I put my own twist on the party favors and the kids were so excited to receive them. I knew exactly what I wanted for cake, mini-cupcakes with yellow icing and a single Cheerio on top. I went to the local mom’s group and found another mom who bakes to make the cupcakes for me. The Cheerios box was also a Pinterest find, I created my own using yellow tag board and some paint.

I adore the color yellow, so I did all yellow flowers and yellow polka-dot balloons. In one flower arrangement, I put one vase inside the other and filled the exterior with cheerios. In another arrangement, I created it out of the disposable single-serving Cheerios bowls. The food was of course, Cheerios, and included some Cheerios treats from the General Mills website.

My friend Sarah from Sarah Bohl Designs helped me style the party.”

1. Oh my cuteness! This is a WONDERFUL party! Great job : )

2. […] Tweet !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); […]

3. What an adorable idea; very creative!

4. Diane says:

Lately I feel like people are just grasping for straws to come up with a “unique” theme that hasn’t been done before. I LOVE THIS CHEERIOS FIRST BIRTHDAY! Clever, unique, and totally appropriate for a 1st Birthday. I’m totally inspired! Thanks for sharing!

5. Windy City Novelties says:

I love how Cheerios isn’t just the theme but it is really incorporated with everything in the party: the banners, the garland, the food/snacks and party favors.

6. Liz says:

Hello Kara,

What a beautiful post – creative ideas and great photos! I work with the Cheerios team and we would really love to share this great post with our community on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Cheerios). Would that be ok with you?

Thanks!

Liz

7. Kaci Uipi says:

WOW! Super original and so darling!!

8. Katie says:

Kara, Thanks for showcasing my Cheerios party by a do-it-yourself mom. What a fun surprise to see it on your blog this morning. I love planning parties and this was a fun one to dream up. Katie.

9. Aimee says:

How original and beautiful.. amazingg job

10. Lynn H says:

Such an adorable and obvious theme for a first birthday – congratulations, I think you’re the first one to think of it! Love – Love – Love it!!

11. Sonia Yebra says:

Me encanta todo!!!

12. Sonja Puryear says:

Absolutely one of the cutest birthday themes ever – well done!

13. Cheerio Themed Birthday + Coupons says:

[…] this not the cutest party table you have ever seen?? Kara over at KarasPartyIdeas has the cutest blog for birthday party ideas. I saw this a month after my baby’s first […]

14. Fran Major says:

What a great party. really good decorations so creative. Love it

15. Cheerio Themed First Birthday Party — Surviving Motherhood says:

[…] Kara’s Party Ideas […]

16. kelly says:

where did you find all of the single-serve cheerio boxes? Did you have to buy a bunch of variety packs or did you find some with only the cheerios?

thanks!

kelly

17. amanda says:

I was wonderting the same thing, I can’t find them anywhere.
    Please let me know if you find out. Thanks!

18. rosemarie says:

Hi, Where can you buy the single serve box cheerios? I will be needing 40 pcs. – i cannot find it in amazon, walmart and other retailers. Pls. advise. Again thank you for sharing this wonderful and unique idea.

19. Five Ways To Simplify Birthdays | says:

[…] cent bag of blow-up balloons. I think I spent a total of $8 at the Dollar Store. This post has some great ways to decorate from recycled (aka: already on hand) things. It’s a Cheerio-themed party. No home with a one year old is […]

20. 12 Creative Parties for Kids says:

[…] Source http://www.karaspartyideas.com/2012/04/cheerios-first-birthday-party.html […]

21. 7 Beautiful Gender Neutral Birthday Party Ideas | Richmondmom.com says:

[…] Cheerios Theme Kara’s Party Ideas […]

22. Nicole says:

I know this is a old post but I’m doing this same theme for my sons first birthday this weekend. I was wondering how you made the cheerio garland? How did you get them to stay on the string? I’m sure it’s something simple but I can’t figure it out. Thank you in advance

• Mandy Bradshaw says:

Hi Nicole! This isn’t a Karas Party Ideas party, but from what I can tell, they just took some string and maybe added a needle on the end for ease of stringing and they started stringing the cheerios onto the string through the hole. One cheerio tied on the end of the string will keep the others from falling off. XOXO!