Meghan Doak of MeghanElise Photography out of Idyllwild, CA, USA shared this spectacularly rustic party with us, and the details in it are so cute and charming that I’m sure it will win you over!
Rustic Camping Birthday Party
I can’t get enough rustic detail when it comes to parties…from earthy elements such as wood platters and cake stands to pine cones and evergreens…I love it all! This camping party is a perfect example of incorporating these rustic bits into a great party!
Although there are many rustically charming elements to this party I’ve chosen a few you simply can’t miss:
- A stunning array of cakes which included-a two tiered naked cake, cakes drizzled in chocolate and two white iced petal cakes; all topped with woodland animals + greenery
- Floral arrangements of beautiful and rustic positioned greenery
- The cutest Teepee Lounge Area with animal skin blankets, twinkling light lanterns and rustic pillows
- A sweet + snack table adorned with wooden crates and baskets and filled with doughnuts and trail mix items
- Play tents made from wooden frames and cute woodland fabric
- Rustic signs + banners
- Faux fire created from twigs + light strands
- A mouth-watering S’mores Bar
- Blue and white plaid table runners
- and a fun Aspen Tree + Forest Photo Op!
Rustic Camping Party Details:
This is what Meghan shared about the party- “Our identical twin boys, Declan and Hunter, turned two! We live up in the mountains and December parties usually need to be done inside. We wanted to bring the outdoors inside, so we created a fun camping theme. Both mine and my husbands family have lots of fun camping gear so we thought we would put it to use with a fun eclectic look. Kelly Winter, of Nomad Nuptials was so excited to create my boys party with me. We wanted something fun for the kids, but something that was also comfy for the adults. I (Meghan/mom) had my father-in-law build me some little tent frames and I went to JoAnns fabrics and purchased some really cute woodland looking fabrics to sew for the tents. Kelly did a fabulous job styling and designing for the party! She created a cute little flameless fire out of branches and christmas lights for the kids to sit around, she made a amore’s station, created a coloring space with wood rounds as chairs for the kids, made the food table and trail mix area look SO CUTE with an eclectic grouping of baskets, bins, and wood pieces! She even hand made banners that we hung from the rafters of the building. Jackie Miller, of Penelope Pots Floral design came in and created fun little floral pieces for the adult tables and food area. For table runners I actually used scarves that I purchased online! My mom and I gathered some camping gear and created a multi level cake display for Melissa Love’s (of LoveCakes) yummy cake collection. We topped the cakes off with little woodland creatures that I purchased from Michaels along with more of Jackie’s woodland greenery. The kids had SO much fun! We all enjoyed watching them run in and out of the tents!”
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!