If you are someone who thinks there is nothing better to do than to sit by a campfire whilst eating yummy S’mores, than you must see this Moonrise Kingdom Camping Party submitted by Ycoy Stichon of La Belle Fête Weddings & Events out of Mandaluyong, Philippines!
Moonrise Kingdom Camping Birthday Party
The impeccable details and darling decor displayed in it will not only have you planning for your next big event, but will have you wishing and longing for the great outdoors! Don’t believe me? Take a peek!
Don’s miss these spectacular party ideas + elements featured in this incredible 1st birthday camping bash:
- An awesome faux campsite display
- Campfire cupcakes
- Incredible party backdrops and photo ops
- A hanging tire swing
- Camping-inspired cookies
- Hanging leaves and greenery
- Camping-inspired centerpieces (lanterns, pine-cones, twigs, feathers, brass vases, florals, etc)
- An adorable 3-tiered camping and woodland-themed cake
- Suitcase photo collage
- Bandana banner and garland
- and many more!
Event Space: GM Events Venue
Catering: Passion Cooks Catering
Styling/Design/Paper Goods: Moki Gray
Photography/Videography: Nicolas Photography/Videography
Host: Sang (Team Ruther)
Entertainment: RUTHER URQUIA (Official)
Cake & Desserts: Crumbly Yours
Smores Bar: Passion Cooks
Pinata: La Belle Fete
Ice Cream: Merry Moo Ice Cream
Twister Fries/Cotton Candy/Face Painting: Cynergy artworks
Canvas Bags: Dear Danielle Project
Full Planning, Conceptualisation and Coordination: La Belle Fête Weddings & Events
Moonrise Kingdom Camping Party Details:
This is what was shared about the party- “We have quite a story to tell and show you, so we’re going to let the photos and the details take it from here…
1. The styling by Moki Gray! Amazeballs! It was as if the blueprint was swallowed by Moki for her to execute the theme impeccably with all the biggest and most miniscule details that we thought of. That teepee was genius! Instead of using the usual triangle set up, she veered away from the normal ones. We were also in awe on how she was able to showcase not only the camping theme but also some archery, fishing and hiking elements that are part of the Moonrise Kingdom concept. Imagine the time and energy to source the needed materials. A labor of love of a dedicated Ninang! (Moki is also the godmother of Shaun fyi)
2. The photo area – the epitome of the whole concept! With all the right stuff to support the adventure theme.
3. We love the scaling vines and colorful arrows hanging from the ceiling and creeping on the walls.
4. The most famous insignia of Moonrise Kingdom is the raccoon patch at Sam Shakusky’s (the film’s main antagonist) scout uniform so we made sure to reflect it on Shaun’s cake and piñata!
5. Each little camper was given adorable bandanas at the entrance. These bandanas were tied around their necks to match their camping ensembles – totally awesome right?
6. Apart from those bandanas, each happy camper received a canvas bag full of loots with the theme’s famous tagline. Perfect favors!
7. Naturally, we had a full bar set up. A good party is one that parents can enjoy too!
8. And the entertainment, let’s just say, it left everyone ROFLOL – kids and kids at heart alike. Sang of Team Ruther, our scoutmaster for the day led us to some games and activities and lots of dancing. And Ruther Urquia, a world-renowned ventriloquist and magician (from Pilipinas Got Talent) provided a real mind blowing show. We haven’t recovered yet.
9. The tables were decorated with bundled arrows, lanterns, acorns, and binoculars. We used raw wooden tables and some mismatched linens/runners for that much-coveted authentic hipster look.
10. The kids’ area was filled with pillows instead of the usual kiddie chairs. The make believe bonfire gave that complete camping vibe.
11. The dessert bar was dressed up with lights and some more bandanas. Of course a dessert bar wouldn’t be a fantastic one without the yummy desserts!
12. Of course, we had to have activities for the kiddos, and when you’re attending a boyscout party, naturally there will be merit badges for every job well done. We also came up with a scavenger hunt to complete the whole adventure theme.
13. And of course, the superstar family who dressed up aptly for the occasion. I asked them to prepare costumes and they really followed the instructions with flying colors.”
Love this camping birthday party theme? See more with these hand-picked parties just for you:
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!